Thursday, June 7, 2012

We overcome by the word of our testimoy

  I'm not one to look back normally but sometimes a healthy reminder of the Lords goodness is just what we need.

 I was raised in Church and though I got into some mischief in high school I always loved the Lord and never strayed to far from him.  So when People would ask me what my testimony was I always felt a little stumped.  Because I never had a WOW I just got saved moment.  Rather I just always knew the Lord, and a simple decision when I was 17 lead to a real beautiful relationship with the Lord.

Lately I have been thinking about what really is my testimony and the Lord has shown me so many testimony's in my life.  I am only 28 years old and I can give you testimony after testimony of the goodness of God in my life.  If you want a testimony about being barren unable to conceive I have one, If you want a testimony about grieving your mom who was to young to die I have one, if you want a testimony of God endlessly providing finances I have one, if you want a testimony of a girl who was betrayed at a very young age by a man that should have been trusted I have one.  If you want a testimony of a marriage on the brink of falling apart but was restored completely I have one, If you want a testimony of walking away from your family and everyone you have ever known to follow a call from the Lord I have one. 

Sometimes its good to take a healthy stroll down memory lane and to remember what the Lord has done.
Its interesting to watch how circumstances in your life become testimonies in your life.

Rev12:11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

I think about so much that I have been through and how the Lord has rescued me time and time again to show his faithfulness is true.   I challenge everyone to recognize the testimony's in their life and to put to practice Rev 12:11 lets start talking about Gods goodness and love.

And lets overcome by the word of our testimony!

http://youtu.be/zJvqQjaz87









No comments:

Post a Comment